Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Top Left-wing Blog

I normally get a bit snooty about Iain Dale's Total Politics polls (and moreso since this blog dropped out of them a few years ago), but leaving that aside, congratulations to Will Straw and Shamik Das of Left Foot Forward for being chosen as the best left-wing blog this year - only a year into it's existance. It's certainly everything that a good group blog could be.

I've had a few modest contributions, but I've also thought about sending a few pieces in but decided not to. 'This one isn't good enough for LLF' I"ve said to myself at the time.

2 comments:

Will Straw said...

Thanks, Paul. That's very kind of you to say so. And thanks for your initiative with the Political Innovation series.

Tom Powdrill said...

slightly sort of related question, but was Iain Dale's own blog ever actually any good? it just seems to consist of the crappest gossip plus plugs for his various media/business interests.

and whay he does do an 'opinion' piece I am reminded of that David Byrne song Lazy: "Open up my mouth, air comes rushing out"