Friday, September 11, 2009

Down the tubes

September the 11th is supposed to be a good day to bury bad news, and Iain Dale has chosen today to publish his top 100 Labour blogs. NTaH is down from a heady No30 (I think - I can't find it now) to a lowly 74 this year.

I'm trying to put a brave face on this, but if I'm honest, I've let you - my readers - down a little bit in 2008 by somewhat neglecting this blog in favour of my far-more-boring-if-that's-possible Local Democracy blog - a site I confidently predict will slip beneath Mr Dale's radar (it's much more non-aligned than NTaH is, that's for sure).

I notice that the Virtual Stoa - so good they ranked it twice - is bookending this blog at both no 67 and 86 - surely grounds for celebrations in the Senior Common Room at Scone College?

Dave Osler isn't there at all - wtf? And I don't know how Bloggerheads or Chicken Yoghurt will console themselves with dropping off the list entirely.

How the mighty are fallen.

4 comments:

James said...

To be fair I'm not sure that Bloggerheads or Chicken Yoghurt would thank anyone for listing them under Labour blogs...

Andreas Paterson said...

Tim and Justin both quite specifically demanded that they weren't included. I think Sunny did the same with Liberal Conspiracy. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true of Dave O.

The Plump said...

I asked to be excluded (this is a lie). I am totally absent.

You and me Paulie are heading for obscurity. My wikio rankings have dropped 500 places too. Link you bastards, link!

Justin said...

To be fair I'm not sure that Bloggerheads or Chicken Yoghurt would thank anyone for listing them under Labour blogs...

Emphatically not.