Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nama / Back from Mayo

I've been sitting in County Mayo with my head even more switched-off than usual for the last couple of weeks, and I've been giving the papers and the blogs only a cursory glance.

I'm suffering from the usual PMD. It's as bad as it's ever been this year. This is probably the best photo that I took while I was there:



I did get hold of The Irish Times on the odd day, and there is an interesting story running over there around the proposed creation of NAMA.

The Irish Republic really is in a very deep hole at the moment, and there's a rare outbreak of grown-up debate happening over this, with an almost united front of opposition parties preferring Labour's proposal for a temporary nationalisation of the banks.

I don't have much to say or any useful links on this, but it's worth a look if you get a moment. You can start here and work back if you have the time.

No comments: