Saturday, February 21, 2009

Duffy & Elbow

Not listening to daytime radio much any more means that I'd never really heard Duffy. I just heard Mercy now - it's actually really good, innit? I heard it by chance on the radio and thought 'that's a bit Northern' - then just looked up the YouTube video which confirms it all.

In other stuff I've sightly missed news, aren't Elbow like Mark Eitzel & American Music Club?

(Wait for about 25 seconds in on the video below for 'Ex-Girlfriend' - a terrific song of which Eitzel did a fantastic solo/acoustic performance of when I saw him, many years ago).


3 comments:

Crispian Jago said...

Not listening to daytime radio, with the possible exception of radio 4 podcasts, is perfectly excusable, but no reason not to keep up with good music. All the latest music reviews for the best new albums are on my blog:
http://crispians-album-reviews.blogspot.com/
And end of year best of’s, on my web site
http://www.crispian.net/crispian/2008_Review.html
Duffy and Elbow of course included.

mikeovswinton said...

I'm not with you on Duffy, Paulie. But I would guess you are a little shell shocked today so I won't go full pelt. The whole of this thing with Duffy/Adele/Amy Winehouse leaves me a little cold - why can't we celebrate the really great soul singers we have over here like Ruby Turner? But, to be positive, check out the version of la Winehouse's "Back to Black" done by the Rumblestrips, which is available on youtube. The rumbles are a fantastic live act, and touring in March. Check them out!

mikeovswinton said...

Rublestrips@Dingwalls, weds 25.3.09