- Who - exactly should they represent? (By this, I mean should they have constituencies / regions?)
- How should they be elected? What voting system? And are indirect elections necessarily a no-no? (Councillors could select them?)
- How should candidates be selected by parties?
- Is there a democratically acceptable mechanism that would either force political parties to select candidates to reflect their internal diversity - or even to encourage non-party candidates?
- When should the elections be - and how often?
- What role should a reformed Lords play? What powers should they have?
- What relationship should they have with regional assemblies, local government and the EU?
- What sort of allowance / facilities should they be given?
- What sort of people are likely to make such a structure work?
I dunno about you, but this seems to be a huge issue, but no-one is talking about it.
Oh a follow up question? Are you surprised that this story has come out today? I'm not - I'm only surprised that it didn't appear sooner.