- Why have they released a film showing the cops arriving at Damian Green's office? What does it prove? What is their motivation for releasing it?
- Why have they massively overstated (and misrepresented) the case that their MPs have some kind of immunity from investigation on the grounds of Parliamentary Privilege?
- Why have they used the shrillest language (Stalinesque / Terror Police) to describe an investigation that - as far as I can see - has been conducted scrupulously?
- Why have they spun the line of questioning to make it seem abusive and impertinent ("grooming") when it is the kind of treatment that any suspect would expect to have in a recorded police interview?
- Why are they getting tame journalists to position David Davis as someone who would be OK refusing to co-operate with a police investigation?
Something that no-one who is involved in it will be able to survive.
If they've done nothing wrong, they should chill out, co-operate, look a bit bored and annoyed by the whole thing, and wait for it all to blow over.
But they're not doing that, are they? Begs the question: How far up does this go? And are they right to panic....?