Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Resemble

Last night, over the traditional festive skinful, I was told that I closely resemble a younger Peter Sellars.

I've had this comment made to me often over the last fifteen years or so. There seem to be two kinds of people - those who think that the resemblance is uncanny (about 15% I think) and the remaining 85% who can't see any likeness at all.

I'm in the latter group and I don't know whether the 15% intend it as a complement. As you can see here, it's a comment that could be taken in a number of ways.

Anyway, here are the great man's two finest hours - filmed (I think) at the same time.






In both cases, the show was stolen by the very marvellous Lionel Jeffries.

No comments: