Tuesday, December 09, 2008

An apology

If you have ever emailed me, or been e-mailed by me, you probably received an invitation to join Bebo a few days ago. Please ignore this - I don't use Bebo myself really - I was just evaluating it as a social network - call it professional curiosity.

I wanted to see how the 'invitation' system worked so I let it see my Gmail address book, and - you know how it is - when it offered me the option of mailing everyone or just picking one or two people, I somehow managed to reverse it. So one or two 'evaluating for professional curiosity' types didn't get invited, and about two thousand people - many of whom I had emailed once more than ten years ago - did.

I'm really crap at gardening my personal address books....

There are some things that you just end up doing aren't there? No matter how hard you try to avoid doing them. Thankfully, this image is disembodied from the sound...


3 comments:

Tom said...

It was a right faff, and a big disappointment once I'd done it. I'll probably never look at it again.

Terry Glavin said...

That explains it.

The Blue Cat said...

And we thought you just liked us... I've posted about this here: Never trust a button