Friday, November 07, 2008

Four-and-a-half stars - all you need to know.

One thing about avoiding the mainstream media is that I don't really know what everyone is talking about all the time. For instance, I don't know how much buzz some films or CDs get anymore.

Regulars here may recall that I've got an odd approach to choosing the films that I go to see. I avoid reviews and any other sort of hype. I only find out the titles of films that have got good star-ratings from sites I trust - and I don't read the review before going to see them.

It works, by the way. I enjoy trips to the cinema a lot more now than I used to.

So I don't know if 'Burn After Reading' has had a great buzz from the chattering classes. But if it hasn't, it deserves one.

It's very good and you should see it. And only click 'play' on this video if you don't share my approach to film-choices.

No comments: