Thursday, May 01, 2008

Spur of the moment voting

Voting, on the way in to work, I cast a non-Labour vote on the spur of the moment. I didn't vote against Labour, by the way - I just gave the Greens my first preference, and Ken second.

Of course, Ken will be the ultimate recipient of that vote, and he's the least-worst option on offer. But I figured that a good set of first-preferences for the Greens may get them to start behaving like a party that could win the odd seat of they stop talking to themselves.

I doubt if this sort of signaling ever translates into a coherent message though.

What do you think? In fact, let's see if I can start a mini-meme here?

Jams, Matt, and Rockmother. I think you are all eligible to vote in London - how did you vote, why, and why not ask three other people to answer the same question?

3 comments:

Shuggy said...

"Vote Ken"

"Vote Labour."

"I just gave the Greens my first preference"

This is taking not practicing what you preach to new levels.

jams o donnell said...

Very simple Paulie:

1 Ken

2 Sian Berry

I've never liked Livingstone but at the end of the day he is infinitely preferable to Bullingdon Boris

Paulie said...

With a AV system, it's your final preference that counts, so I think that I was taking my own 'vote for Ken' advice.

Anyway, all of this 'practicing what you preach' is a bit old hat, doncha think?