Friday, April 25, 2008

His Nibs

Here's Mr Glavin's Normblog profile.

He's alright, Terry is.

Proof:
Q: What would you do with the UN?
A: No men allowed for five years.
And....
Q: Can you name a major moral, political or intellectual issue on which you've ever changed your mind?
A: It would appear that capitalism will not soon collapse under the weight of its own contradictions after all.
And....
Q: What would be your main blogging advice to a novice blogger?
A: 1. Blog about things that you actually know about and that no one else blogs about. 2. It's not necessary to have an opinion about everything. 3. Don't hector me about not taking my own advice.
But, best of all....
Q: What philosophical thesis do you think it most important to disseminate?
A: Social-democratic internationalism.

3 comments:

mikeovswinton said...

And on the same day he gets a glowing review in the Times Literary Supplement. But I do note his glaring omission od NTaH and Fat Man on a .... from his favourite blogs.................

Transmontanus said...

Not so, mikeovswinton.

NtaH shows up under Brits as Paul Evans, and our beloved Fat Man appears as Peter Ryley.

mikeovswinton said...

Terry, I meant in your Normblog profile. I know they are on your Blogroll (which sounds funnier in the North of England than I suspect it does anywhere else on the planet.)
I was only gently joshing. Celebrate your fame and fortune with a plate full of chips and miso gravy at The Naam, safe in the knowledge that if I ever have the great good fortune to find myself in Vancouver again I'll stand you a portion at Kitsilano's finest.