Monday, August 27, 2007

August roundup no.1

I'm back. 'ja miss me?

I've been satisfyingly away from a keyboard for most of the month. I even avoided checking the www on my phone most of the time, which is a bit of a new one for me.

Here's a few observations from while I was away.

The Unrepentant Communist was here asking for a link. Will do during the next blogroll update URC. Meanwhile, here's a post on The Red Elvis to be going on with.

Also, I briefly interrupted the holiday to comment on this on the new-look DSTPFW site. My comment sums up the ideology of this blog in five words: Keith Richards is a cunt.

And finally, I don't normally do product endorsements, but I've been waiting for digital cameras to offer something that would justify buying one for some time. I've been waiting for ages for one with enough megapixels, most of the functionality of an SLR but with less of the bulk.

I used to take photography quite seriously a few years ago, and I'm probably going to be upbraided by Pootergeek for betraying the cause of windup cameras, but I treated myself to the Nikon p5000 at the start of the holiday, and I've been very pleased with the results. As a purchase, it exceeded expectations. So much so, I've even set up a Flickr account to show off the results.

This is probably a bit less discreet that a blogger should be, but what the hell. You can look if you want. (Is this the blogging equivalent of boring your friends with a holiday slideshow?)

More soonish, if I can get back into the swing of things.

No comments: