Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A sensible position

If I wasn't flat out at the moment, you'd be reading a fantastic post here challenging the general assumption on almost every blog I read (including the ones that I like) that people always know what is good for them better than the government do, and that it is 'illiberal' to disagree with this view (like that's a bad thing).

But I'm too busy to write it at the moment. So you'll just have to imagine it for yourselves before you congratulate me on taking such a sensible position.

2 comments:

AlabasterCodify said...

Does anyone think that?

I thought the assumption was that although we might all agree that there are some people who know what's better for us, we can never all agree on who those people are, and when it is they'll know better.

Chris said...

I would really enjoy reading such a post, even if by the time you get round to it the circus has moved on.