The question: Five reasons why I blog.
The first one is the old standby:
- I don’t know what I think until I read what I’ve written. I think it was E.M Forster said that first, but I like it. Writing here (where someone may read it) stops me from being too self indulgent, and the ‘publish’ nature of it means that I make more effort to make sense..
- By responding to posts on other weblogs here, I think that I help to encourage a better quality of writing. I’m inclined to think that the excessive or exclusive use of comments boxes is for trolls (unless you have a good excuse for not having your own blog)
- I want to learn about how to interact and argue with people in a constructive way – without completely avoiding profanity. That would be denial of my own nature.
- I have a particular perspective that – as far as I can see – no-one else shares very closely. If I keep expounding it here, one day, someone will pop up and say that they agree with everything that I say. I doubt it though.
- You meet some good people if you persevere.