Friday, April 13, 2007

Recruit subordinates - not rivals!

Saw this, via this very good feature that the Groan had about public servants blogging. Now, I’m aware that Parkinson’s Law is more often quoted by rightwingers than by us decent lefties, and that it is, in many ways, an amusing anecdotal version of Public Choice Theory, but there is nothing in The Council Worker’s blog that surprises me very much.

I expect that you all have your own explanations for the low grade of work that emanates from many (n.b. not all) public bureaucracies. Me? Well, I can’t wait for the postie to bring me this prod at an answer from Mr D.

3 comments:

alabastercodify said...

Slightly O/T, I've often wondered why you haven't added NHS Blog Doctor to your Vantage Point links? It's the most incisive of the public sector blogs I've come across, especially when it comes to dealing with more intangible points about structures.

alabastercodify said...

Actually, perhaps that sounded a bit brusque - obv it's your blog...

Paulie said...

No worries AC. All recommendations gratefully received (SFW preferably).

I'll have a look when I get the chance.

My blogroll is, largely, a sin of omission. There are lots of good sites that I should link to but don’t.