Friday, April 20, 2007

All over the place today

It’s Friday. And today, I will try to blog only in Nadsat. Here goes:


Viddy my chellovecks and devotchkas, today, being Friday, I completed my religious observances by studying scripture.
OK. I’m giving up on Nadsat now, but thanks to Facebook, I’ve now formally joined the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Changing the subject, for the second time in two days, (because of yesterday, in the comments here) I find myself breaking with this blog’s tradition of unbridled aggression towards David Cameron.

And again today, reading Shuggy’s agreement with David Cameron’s view about negative campaigning, I know that Glasgow’s most cantankerous schoolmaster has a point.


Shuggy also has a very good post about choice and religion here.

I’ve been planning to post something about non-religious Catholicism for a while. I’m a Catholic who doesn’t believe in god, and who thinks that the Pope and the clergy should be routinely ignored. For a long time, Jews have been able to claim this relationship with their religion, but I’ve never really seen anyone do the same for my RCness yet.

Like I say, I was planning to post about it, but I can't think of anything else to add to the foregoing.

3 comments:

Shuggy said...

"I know that Glasgow’s most cantankerous schoolmaster has a point."

Ha ha. In this, I can assure you, there are many occasions when I'm completely outmatched.

alabastercodify said...

"the Pope and the clergy should be routinely ignored".

You say that, but all catholics know that when it came to it, you'd never have the guts to ignore a nun. especially if she was bigger than you.

Paulie said...

Absolutely right AC.

I have a post in my drafts folder saying that - and more - but I'm too scared to post it.