Luke has tagged me with this. Sorry it took so long. It's not really me. I'm not much of a 'never' type. But I've had a go.
I will never...
- Trust a hippy
- Knowingly eat a mushroom. Or an aubergine.
- Be interested in cars in general or motor racing in particular. Or tennis.
- Be able to tolerate music that I don't like. Some people seem to be able to ignore it. I can't.
- Own a dog. Or have any time for one of the stupid smelly little bastards.
- Enjoy drinking champagne.
- Actually get to the bookies and back the triumphant outsider that I genuinely believed would be placed.
- Spend even a fraction of the time listening to or playing music that I would like to.
- Offer anything more than strained civility to posh people.
- Start smoking again. Packing up was hard enough.
And what will I not never do? Well, I'll try to never succumb to pessimism, misanthropy, negativism, nihilism or cynicism.
But then again, what's the point? Why bother? All of these attitudes appear to be endemic these days anyway. And it's getting worse. If you want to wallow in this mire, suit your poxy selves.
All of you.
I'm supposed to tag ten other bloggers with this, so here they are. This one has been going around a while, so I suspect that they've already declined other similar tags.
Sandwell Bob, Brockley Bob, Poor Mouth, Andrew K B, Skuds, Panderson, Scribbles, Ivan, Col and McG.