Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Never...

Luke has tagged me with this. Sorry it took so long. It's not really me. I'm not much of a 'never' type. But I've had a go.

I will never...

  1. Trust a hippy
  2. Knowingly eat a mushroom. Or an aubergine.
  3. Be interested in cars in general or motor racing in particular. Or tennis.
  4. Be able to tolerate music that I don't like. Some people seem to be able to ignore it. I can't.
  5. Own a dog. Or have any time for one of the stupid smelly little bastards.
  6. Enjoy drinking champagne.
  7. Actually get to the bookies and back the triumphant outsider that I genuinely believed would be placed.
  8. Spend even a fraction of the time listening to or playing music that I would like to.
  9. Offer anything more than strained civility to posh people.
  10. Start smoking again. Packing up was hard enough.

And what will I not never do? Well, I'll try to never succumb to pessimism, misanthropy, negativism, nihilism or cynicism.

But then again, what's the point? Why bother? All of these attitudes appear to be endemic these days anyway. And it's getting worse. If you want to wallow in this mire, suit your poxy selves.

All of you.

I'm supposed to tag ten other bloggers with this, so here they are. This one has been going around a while, so I suspect that they've already declined other similar tags.
Sandwell Bob, Brockley Bob, Poor Mouth, Andrew K B, Skuds, Panderson, Scribbles, Ivan, Col and McG.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag Paulie. This is like when you have to write in someone's farewell card when they leave work. I agonise for hours over some witty, moving, appropriate comment, and then end up writing "Good luck in your new job."

I'll try not to take to long!

Andrew Brown said...

I'm done.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks Paulie but I've already been tagged for this one. THanks for for the tag though!

bob said...

OK, it's taken me a while, but I've done it. http://brockley.blogspot.com/2006/12/never.html

By the way, the "anonymous" above is me, during my blogger beta transition.

Marielos said...

The information contained in this site is very important to you. This page offers the ability to find information concerning any sport and any country. It's really important to visit this site. Never saw anything like before. We wholeheartedly recommend.

The best place for mlb .com,mlb cap, 2007 mlb prospect top. For more information visit:
http://www.bet911.com