Friday, November 03, 2006

London You're a Lady

I've lived in and around London for more than twenty years now. And sometimes I wonder why I stay here. I've never been able to find a job that I've wanted to do that would let me live anywhere else, so I'm still here.

But during the first week in November, London is the best place on earth. For some reason, the same people who seem incapable of making eye-contact or speaking to a stranger in the street become friendly and communicative. They seem to look happier. The light is better than at any other time of the year. And maybe I'm imagining it, but the place even smells better.

And here's Route 79 - my favourite London blog.

5 comments:

Bob Piper said...

"For some reason, the same people who seem incapable of making eye-contact or speaking to a stranger in the street become friendly and communicative. They seem to look happier. The light is better than at any other time of the year. And maybe I'm imagining it, but the place even smells better."

Perhaps you are pissed!

Paul Anderson said...

No, you are obviously on drugs.

Paulie said...

I resent the implication that I'm only drugged and pissed in the first week of November....

JeremyB said...

I noticed on Paul Burgin's page that you were chuffed by someone from your past being flattering and touching. So, whilst you're intoxicated, can I say you have stupendous mammilli... can I touch them? (That is why you shouldn't trust a hippy)

Baby Washington said...

Maybe it is the lovely Christmas lights? No, actually, scrap that idea...