Friday, November 10, 2006

Graven image

A fund, to raise money for a statue. A graven image.



Let's see what the scriptures have to say about this sort of thing:
Exodus 20:2
I am the
LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

So, ask yourself: Feeling blasphemous, punk?

If so, go here for more info. As a lapsed Catholic, this shouldn't bother me as much as it'd bother other people.


Via Col.

1 comment:

tony said...

Praise The Lord!