Friday, October 20, 2006

No mates

Just catching up with something. A while ago, Brother Bob claimed (in the comments) that Peter Withe was a better Forest striker than Stan Collymore. I think that there are grounds for a heated debate here, and I reckon that Stan would win. But never mind.



I saw this clip a while ago on Sean's site. And Col has a counter-argument for Bob as well.

I'm pretty sure that this clip was from a Wimbledon game at Selhurst Park. If it was, I was at it. And the thing that stood out - that you can't see on this clip - is what happened next.

There can be no question. This is a great goal. If anyone else scored it, within seconds, they'd be drowned in a homoerotic swamp of writhing Garibaldi Red shirts

But not one Forest player even gave Collymore a pat on the back for it.

No comments: