Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Meme of 3

Andrew tagged me with this. The ungrateful voters of Lewisham left him with too much time on his hands, if you ask me.....

1. Things that scare me

  • Penury
  • Violence
  • Disorder
2. People who make me laugh
3. Things I hate most
  • The vast majority of what passes for political journalism
  • Unkindness to strangers and a lack of neighbourliness
  • Musicians who try to sound weedy, disoriented and sloppy. Like The Cure or Nirvana to name but two.
4. Things I don’t understand
  • Why most political journalists can’t see just how ridiculous they are
  • How do people learn jazz chords well enough to ‘comp’?
  • How people have the nerve to use the word ‘holistic’ in any context at all
5. Things I’m doing right now
  • Suffering from post-holiday ennui
  • Mentally composing about half-a-dozen blog posts that will never see the light of day (when I could be reading a novel instead)
  • … while mentally processing the various incompatibilities that various bits of hardware that I own have – and finding a way that I can get them to work together. (There’s always a way if you think about it long enough)
6. Things I want to do before I die
  • Find a way to live and work part of the year in the west of Ireland and part of the year somewhere hot.
  • Go to watch Forest win an away game in the European Champions League with my son.
  • Get involved in a band that plays regularly again.
7. Things I can do
  • Play guitar quite well when I put my mind to it
  • Pick up the basics of a new musical instrument quite quickly
  • Provide information and contacts for people (people are always surprised at how many other people that I know)
8. Ways to describe my personality
  • Difficult sometimes
  • Single minded and impetuous sometimes
  • Outgoing most of the time
9. Things I can’t do
  • Manage my time properly
  • Concentrate on the things I should be concentrating on
  • Offer anything more than strained politeness to posh people
10. Things I think you should listen to
  • ‘Sweet Sticky Thing’ by The Ohio Players
  • Craobh Rua’s ‘The Antrim Narrow Gauge Jigs’
  • Captain Beefheart’s ‘Clear Spot’ LP
11. Things you should never listen to
  • Any musicians that are part of the ‘bedwetter’ genre
  • Pessimists and bureaucrats
  • The Rolling Stones
12. Things I’d like to learn
  • How to be a competent jazz guitarist
  • How to be an exceptional guitar accompanist of Irish music
  • To play either the tin whistle or the tenor banjo to a performance standard
13. Favourite foods
  • Cheese ‘n’ Onion Crisps
  • Curry Chips
  • Lamb Dhansak
14. Beverages I drink regularly
  • Coffee
  • Guinness
  • …er
15. Shows I watched as a kid
  • Roobarb and Custard
  • Scooby Doo
  • Top Cat
16. People I’m tagging (to do this meme)

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey Paul

Wanna jam? I've just dusted off my Strat after 15 years *and* shelled out a fortune on a decent jazzer ...

Oh, and I've got a flat that is where noise is not an issue and there aren't any kids running around, which could prove useful.

Send us an email if the idea is of interest.

Dave Osler