Monday, June 19, 2006

Cynical and misanthropic

A few weeks ago, Mick Hume, editor of Spiked! declared that their mission was to combat misanthropy wherever they found it.

Now he's set his face against cynicism as well.

And Spiked could never be said to be misanthropic or cynical, could it?

Here's a challenge: Go to Spiked and find an article that praises any initiative for being successful or any public figure for being virtuous.

Allocate plenty of time for this task.

Now shut up and get on with your work.

1 comment:

Courtney Hamilton said...

I was just about to link your blog on my site because I thought it was very interesting and well written - then I got to this post.

Ok smart Paulie, you name me one single 'successful' initiative, or one public figure that has been 'virtuous'! Of course, that's only if your capable of such a thing. If you are, I look forward to seeing this 'successful' initiative.

Allocate plenty of time for this task.

I would tell you to 'shut up' and 'get on with your work', but, I'm not as cynical as some people around here.

On second thoughts, I will link your blog, I don't really know why, but I will.