Today (St Patricks Day) will probably go down in my dull biography as the most embarrassing day of my life. I will explain when I get more time, but here's a clue:
- Nottingham now hosts an annual St Pat's day parade
- My mother is on the organising committee
- They need someone to present the commemorative video that no-one will ever watch
- The person who is the presenter most years won't do it this year
- The committee thing that they need someone with an Irish background, Nottingham origins, and 'the gift of the gab'
- My mother is very good at getting people to do things that they don't want to do
While I'm away (and there better be a few drinks in this for me, otherwise someone is going to get a slap), read one of these to your children (via Slugger, as ever).