Friday, January 06, 2006

Mundane discoveries

Every now and then, someone tells me something that I really should have known. Something simple and useful. A little peice of knowledge that makes life easier. Something I wished I'd known before.

In a forthcoming post, I'll tell you the correct way to make pancakes (I always screw up making pancakes - until now, that is).

But for now, try this: (it only works if you have a scroll-wheel on your mouse):

1. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
2. Fiddle with the scroll-wheel on your mouse.

If you haven't got a scroll wheel, tap the + or - keys instead.

Cool huh? This only works if the website you are on is well-coded of course. But blogger sites are.

Done that? Now instead of holding down the Ctrl key, hold down the 'shift' key (the one above Ctrl key normally) and do the same thing. As long as you have arrived here from other sites, this should be like using the 'back' button on your browser.

That's all. Carry on with what you were doing.

No comments: