Monday, May 09, 2005

Careful with that axe Paulie...

Paul Anderson’s ‘Gauche’ blog has quite convinced me to calm down and put the flame thrower away. He’s been very busy on his blog, and there are too many good postings to link to here, but have a look at his various comments between the 5th and the 9th May for good news on the terminal condition of the Conservatives.

My furious postings at the end of last week were an allergic reaction to seeing all of those blue 'Con Gain' screens coming up on the TV throughout the night. Imagine you were a Nottingham Forest supporter and you'd been in a coma since August. You are revived and someone gives you a blow-by-blow story of the season from the start.

It seemed almost as bad as that in the early hours of Friday morning. But it turns out that it’s alright after all.

This doesn’t mean that I’m not a bit worried that the Lib-Dems may have duped a lot of people into providing short-term electoral succor – AND a possible way back to power for the Conservative Party.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed New Labour to ask them questions to post on my magazine/blog site.

They said (and I have the emails to prove it) that they would not reply to my questions unless I identified myself and the magazine audience my blog audience represents.

They would not reply unless they knew what the audience wanted to hear. My first encounter with spin in action and we can do better than that. Shameful!

You have not responded to the comments below. Spotting a trend here.

Lots of talking but no real dialogue.

Close the door on your way out ok!

That is why I voted Lib Dem. New Labour has started to see itself as some sort of divine saviour...one who no longer actually needs to grubby itself with speaking to ... gosh ... the people. And the end of that long and slippery road leads to facism.

Oh sure I understand the need to control the media...and I understand the need to create the right atmosphere for tv...but that is unacceptable behaviour for a party claiming to be enlightened and down with the peeps.

Shame on New Labour...undoing all the good by getting all above themselves!

Paulie said...

OK. I've closed my door on the way out.

Bye!

Anonymous said...

Shameful that you do not answer the comments to your posts...they make valid points...that is exactly why we (Labour) suffered at this election because not enough of us were prepared to engage in honest debate.

We can sit as high and as proud as we like...but it is the voters that matter!

Starting to think the party has forgotten that.

Paulie said...

Shameful?

Anonymous said...

yes shameful...stifling debate is not the traditional territory of the democratic...and for most of new labour we do still want to live in a democracy

Paulie said...

Stifling debate?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...ok...cool...no need to visit this blog anymore...just some egotistical Blairite clone who loves the site of his own writing doing damage to social justice and real Labour causes...

byeee...

have a nice day now y'hear!

Paulie said...

Blairite clone?

Anonymous said...

Twat?

Neil Saint said...

Impressesed.